Friday, April 25, 2014

Teacher Tote/Gift Bag

Teacher appreciation week is usually the first full week of May, which means it will be here before I know it.  I usually wait til the last minute to make (or buy) something for the teachers, but this year I thought I'd try and get a head start. I decided make a custom tote/gift bag.  This bag is a great gift by itself, but I think I'll fill it up with supplies for the classroom.
I start by cutting out my design using heat-transfer (press) vinyl and weed away the excess vinyl (be sure to cut the design in reverse).  This design is 3 colors, so I have 3 different pieces of vinyl.
To help make placement of the design easier, I layer all the pieces so it looks like the finished design.  I put the color I iron on first on the bottom.  Then, I place all the pieces on my fabric and use a ruler to make sure it's centered. 
I remove all the layers except the first and iron it in place.
Then, I repeat with the remaining pieces.
I love working with heat transfer vinyl.
It is so easy and quick to use and the results are so professional looking.
Come back later for the free digital file to create your own.

Be sure to check out these great link parties:
Monday Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon,Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Tuesday Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Home Stories A to Z,Nifty Thrifty TuesShow Me What You Got, Take A Look Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching PartyShow And Share,, We Did It Wed, What I Whipped Up Wed Whatever Goes Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Hookin' Up, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Flaunt It Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Remodelaholic Fri, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-UpSaturday Show & Tell Sat, Sunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun


3 comments:

AMRawlins said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your talent!

Cathy McInnes said...

What a super cute, creative idea! Checking this out from nifty thrifty Sunday!

Tine said...

Thanks for the tutorial & the file too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...