Thursday, August 2, 2012

Old-Fashioned Lemonade Sign

Can you believe it's already August? There are only a few weeks left for the kiddies to enjoy the carefree days of summer. One of the things my kids did this summer was a lemonade stand, because what says summer like ice-cold lemonade? It inspired me to create this sign.
I started out with a piece of fencing. It's kind-of rough and I thought it looked like the perfect type of wood to use. I cut two piece that were 21" and glued them together.
Next, I painted it white.
I looked online for ideas and finally came up with this design. I learned some new tricks in Photoshop and Illustrator to create it and I love it! I cut it out of vinyl and used the negative space to create a stencil.
I just used pink, yellow, and green to fill in the design.
After the paint dried, I removed the vinyl
and sanded it down to make it look slightly worn.
I thought it was a little too bright, so I mixed some brown and yellow paint with water and brushed it on the sign.  I left it on for about a minute and then wiped it off.
What do you think? Does it make your mouth water?
Come back tomorrow for the free digital file to create your own!


Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty Décor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Friday Fun Party, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

57 comments:

Becca @ The Sassy Penguin said...

OH OH OH OH !!!
This is so perfect. I love it. I need to learn how to use my Silhouette better. Seriously, I am in awe, the colors are perfect too.

Kathie said...

Adorable sign!

PitterAndGlink said...

I really love this design!

doodlingdebbie said...

I just love your sign! Thank you for sharing your talents.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That sign is so adorable! I love the colors you chose.

Three Chicks & One Egg said...

Great job! It truly looks like a professional sign! Can't wait to see the digital file! I've pinned this.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

This is so pretty and fresh! Loving it! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Nifty Thrifty. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-8.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Crystelle said...

It's the most adorable sign I've seen in a loooooooooong time!
Love the colors too! Great work!

Melissa Lind said...

Thank you for the inspiration to upgrade my Silhouette skills! I adore this sign! :D

Melissa L.
I signed up to be a follower on your blog, and I would love and apprecaite you to become a follower on mine! www.mywatermelonmoon.com

Britni said...

Oh my gosh this is perfect! I love the colors you used. And the design is insane! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I would love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday party {runs through Sunday night}. I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-4/

A Lived in Home said...

What a great idea! So super cute! I would love for you to come link up your blog to my Get social Sunday link party!

http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday.html

shopannies said...

love your sign perfect for summer

thanks for sharing come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Candy Ogg said...

Your blog just got added to my favorites. Love Love Love this sign!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

What a wonderful sign - love it!

Mel said...

Wow love this! It makes their stand look really professional!

Abigail Guegain said...

This is absolutely adorable!

Ruth @ atnumber29 said...

So professional. I have a craft robo, so theoretically I could do this. But actually I stand in awe!!!

soitwasweekend said...

This is really sweet! Love it!

Miss Kitty said...

Oh. So. Cute! This sign is just wonderful. I am amazed at your Photoshop skills that you could make your own stecil design. Thanks so very much for sharing it with us. I saw your post over at "Metamorphosis Monday".

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

It really is adorable!

Jenny@daysofchalkandchocolate said...

The colors are so bright and cheerful! Great job!

Sarah said...

This is so cute! I need to expand my photoshop skills and put them to work.

If you get a chance come link up at my Pin Party.

http://sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/08/pintastic-monday-link-party-3.html

Fancy That Notion said...

Oh this is so cool! My mouth is watering!:) I love how it just screams summer:)

Naptime Review said...

I love that sign. I have the perfect spot for it. Thanks for being such an inspiration!
Stopping by from Sumo's Sweet Stuff. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can.

Hosting Mom's Monday Mingle now. Love for you to link up! So far 200 mom blogs ready to mingle.
www.thenaptimereview.com

Molly said...

This is so adorable! I could just see it hanging in a little girls nursery, or even a boys with different colors. Ah, I love it!
Thanks for sharing!
-Molly
JustALittleCreativity.com

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

This is so fun!

live-love-laugh said...

This is adorable i love it!!!
I would love for you to share it at our link party
http://live-love-laugh-interiordesign.blogspot.com.au/

Raphaele said...

Yeah, this is a great sign, I love what you did with the colours and the fonts. Did the kids enjoy thier lemonade stand?

Emily said...

your sign is amazing! I didn't ever have anything like this for my lemonade stands :o) Just wanted to invite you to join my Tasteful Tuesday Party. I have been hosting a recipe party (pretty successfully!!!) for over a year now, and this week we are opening up for crafts, DIY and home decor. Hope you can come by and check it out! http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2012/08/fresh-pesto-pasta-salad-and-tasteful.html

Amy Lents said...

I LOVE this! Did you use a cricut or a siloutte to cut the vinyl?

Liz said...

Great!!!

Vanessa Barker said...

This is so fun! I love the bright colors. Thanks so much for linking up to Tutorial Tuesday

taidyeoriginal said...

this is PERFECT! PINNING!!!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

So sweet! Love the colors. Megan

Sarah said...

I think I' going to have to make something very similar, only with limeade! My blog and shop are Limemade Designs! It's like it was meant to be! Pinning now!

Caitlin @ Desert Domicile said...

Oh my goodness, that sign is so cute! Do your kids love it?!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - - you were featured today, TWICE!!
--Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Michelle @ Sweetsuite10 said...

I love this sign - so pretty! You did a wonderful job:)

Tammy said...

What a great sign! You did a fantastic job. Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Sara said...

This is just DARLING!! I love it! Hope you can link up at my trendy tuesday party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

Meghan said...

This sign looks amazing! Great job!

Debi Bolocofsky said...

This turned out so cute. I love this. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
Debi Bolocofsky
Adorned From Above
www.adornedfromabove.com

Nicole@Show Off Friday said...

That sign is lovely!

Leslie @ House on the Way said...

I love your design! I wish I was that talented with Photoshop. I think handpainted signs add so much character to a home.
Thanks for sharing!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Your Lemonade Sign is soooooo cute!! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up - I featured you today! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2012/08/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-60/

Lauryn Clemmer said...

this is SO cute! can't believe you designed it all too! i would love for you to come link this, or any other post you'd like to up to my weekend link party http://lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com/2012/08/spread-love-link-party-20.html
hope to see you there!
have a great weekend!
{love} lauryn @ lovenotesbylauryn.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Love love love it!

Carolyn said...

Just to let you know, I featured your wonderful project today. If you have a moment, stop by and grab a featured button. Thank you so much for sharing your project on homework. http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-inspiration-board-link-party_10.html

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

This is too cute!! Love the colors of it! Awesome job!
Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party! I included this in my Feature Friday post! http://www.aglimpseinsideblog.com/2012/08/feature-friday-76.html

houseontheway.com said...

I love wooden painted signs! This is an awesome post! I'd love for you to share it at my party, Twirl & Take a Bow at www.houseontheway.com. It would make a great addition!
Leslie

Jenn Lifford said...

Fabulous sign!! Such a great design and the colors are perfect!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

I love this idea!!!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love your sign! :)

did you really use vinyl? I use contact paper for stencils. I cut on a thickness of 3. Lots cheaper.

gail

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is darling! What a great design.

lovingmomma @ Happy As A Lark said...

It is adorable. Pinning it :)

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

Congratulations! You've been featured on Handyman, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday Linky Party! Please feel free to come by the site and pick up your "I've been Featured" button!

Anonymous said...

bmmxaw anoytd モンクレール 名古屋 モンクレール ダウン moncler duvetica urxmpgox ugg outlet rotterdam ugg outlet ugg boots vegan jhpldvn qusujfr ggjbv Blogger: Burton Avenue - Post a Comment uwcsyra louis vuitton handbags winter 2012 louis vuitton bags louis vuitton outlet georgia ervougmb beats by dre kobe edition cheap beats dre cheap beats by dre gold nhnbyjfb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...