Friday, August 17, 2012

Easy Art Center

I originally showed how I made this board here, but I needed to move it to a different wall and decided to change it just a bit. And, since school is starting soon, I thought it would be a great project to share again.
I used the same white magnetic board from Ikea, but since I was putting it on the side of a white cabinet, I wanted to add something for a little contrast. So, I cut some strips of vinyl and attached them to the sides.
The metal boxes that I covered have held up really well, after a year, they still look great!
I couldn't find my original file for the "creativity starts here", so I designed another one with a little variation.
This art center has been such a great way to organize our art supplies.  Plus, it adds a bit of cuteness to our playroom


Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Friday Fun Party, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

25 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

What a cute creativity center - I love that it is all in one spot! Stopping by from TT&J - Have a great weekend!

Amanda

Nicole@Show Off Friday said...

This is really cute and organized! I'm pinning!

My Vinyl Direct said...

Love it and shared it on our blog! :)

A Lived in Home said...

What a great organized art center! I would love to have you come join my Get Social Sunday party. YOu can link up your homepage and promote your awesome blog! http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday_18.html

Tamsyn said...

This is so cute. I love that it combines organization and creativity. Perfect!!

Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama said...

Love this!! So cute and fun!

I featured your art center on my blog today, come check it out :)
http://www.artsyfartsymama.com/2012/08/pinteresting-features-n-shtuff-45.html

Katie Drane said...

Wow! You are so talented. This is super cute. Thanks for sharing!

grok78 said...

Thanks for sharing this! I love how cute and functional it is. I bet the kids find it very easy to use, as well. I'm going to have to Pin this for later. :)

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Love this idea--running to IKEA now :) Well, maybe when they open!

Natasha SerenityYou said...

this is so cute!! love it!

would love it if you could share this on my link party Serenity Saturday that runs from Saturday till Thursday @ www.serenityyou.com

Marilyn Holeman said...

Visiting from BNOTP. Wondering where you
found the metal boxes? Thanks!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a great idea! Love it! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from BNOTP. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-11.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Michele Green said...

Looks cute - my kids would love this!

Mama Jodi said...

Really cute idea. What a great way to have everything organized.

Mama Jodi said...

Really cute idea. What a great way to have everything organized.

Stacia Liechty said...

What a cute way to make "art" out of art supplies! This is awesome, I think I might make one! Speaking of going back to school, I'd love if you stopped by my brand new blog and checked out my newly finished homeschool room. Happy Tuesday!
Stacia@http://www.feathersandsunshine.blogspot.com

Micah and Katie said...

It looks awesome. I love the orange outline!

Thanks for sharing

Michelle@ Learning to Be a Mom said...

This is so cute! I love the bright colors. I'm stopping by from Time Out Tuesday.

Mel said...

This is such a great little Art Centre, visiting from HOH

Trish said...

I love all the color! Cute and organized - can't ask for more than that :) This would be perfect over my little boy's desk - I need to keep an eye out for that at IKEA. I'd love for you to share with my readers if you get the chance - my party just opened tonight! http://www.momontimeout.com/2012/08/taking-timeout-thursday-no44.html

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Love this! Thank you so much for linking this great project up to the Pinworthy Projects Party over at Just Us Four!

Six Sisters said...

Your art center is so cute! We appreciate you linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party! Please come back again soon! -The Sisters

Kelley Wilson said...

This is great I would love it if you would visit and share at I Freakin' did it Friday! http://www.missinformationblog.com

Krista @ While He Was Napping said...

I think I saw this the first time you posted about it and loved it then too! I am going to have to do something like this for my little guy. I love how it's organized, yet easy for little kiddos to use (and clean up afterward too!) Thanks so much for sharing at Weekend Wander. Have a wonderful afternoon.

Krista

Renee - the Creative Orchard said...

Adorable! I would love for you link this up at my first LINK PARTY!

http://www.thecreativeorchard.blogspot.com/2012/08/tutorial-link-party.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...