Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beach Sign

Last week, our family went on a little camping trip by a lake. Some of my kids absolutely love the water. So, I made this sign thinking of them.
I used the same type of wood as this project. I cut 8 - 8" pieces and 2 - 12"
and painted everything white and then used tape to hold the 8" strips together.
I applied my vinyl decal
and used a craft knife to cut the vinyl between each slat.
I painted each slat a different color.
After the paint dried, I removed all the vinyl
I sanded each piece to expose some of the white underneath and glued on the longer pieces. To finish it off, I drilled two holes and added some jute.
Is life better at the beach? I'm pretty sure my kids think so!
Come back on Friday to get the free digital file to make your own!



Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Friday Fun Party, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

26 comments:

Jessica said...

Visiting from the crafty soiree party. Of course life is better at the beach! I bet you'd sell a lot of these; what an awesome project!

Baked In The South said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing! We would love to have you link up to our party!

http://baked-inthesouth.blogspot.com/2012/07/made-it-by-monday-link-party.html

Barb@Secondchancetodream.com said...

Very cute! I might have to pin this and copy it using my colors. Thanks for sharing.

Barb

Patti said...

Is it Friday yet? Can't wait to download the file! You're so clever.

Laurel Stephens said...

What a cute sign. I pinned your great tutorial, too!

Shannon Madigan said...

Adorable!! I love the colors you used and the tutorial is fabulous!

Hani@Craftionary said...

Such a cute sign. Love the beachy light colors. Thanks for linking up at Friday Fun Party. Have a nice weekend

Hannah Gonzalez said...

I just LOVE this!!!! I'd love if you come visit me at www.eatloveinspire.blogspot.com for more beach decor inspiration!

Linh C. said...

This is a darling sign and you made it all so simple to recreate. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Kinnaird said...

it absolutely is! love it

blesid said...

FABULOUS! Love the whole thing... life really IS better at the beach!

Sherry said...

How true - Life is Better at the Beach and cute, cute, cute - I love it. Stopping by from Nifty Thrifty Sunday. Great Job!

Art and Sand said...

As one who lives at the beach, I won't compare and say life is better, but it is pretty wonderful. I love your sign and will use your idea to make a sign for myself. Thanks

Toodie said...

OH, I love it! Very beachy and makes me think of the shores.

Sarah said...

This is so cute, although I would have to debate between the beach and the lake. Both are fantastic.

If you get a chance come link up to my Pin Party.

http://www.sarahdawndesigns.blogspot.com/2012/07/pintastic-monday-link-party-1.html

shopannies said...

how cute and perfect place to be in all this heat come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Pamela R said...

What a super cute sign! I really need to get a silhouette or something one of these days, would make life so much easier!

Lori Stokes Wright said...

What a fun project! I found you at Weekend Craft Soiree.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

What an adorable sign!! Megan

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

So pretty. AND I wholly agree with the message! Thanks so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle

Marcie said...

Love this beach sign and the colors. I am now following you on Bloglovin and GFC. I would love for you to visit, follow back and maybe even link up on my Monday linky party.
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Great tutorial, love your little sign!

gail

Korrie Bastian said...

This is darling! Love your multi-colors!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. Love this project and the way each board is a different color. Great job! Saw you featured at My Repurposed Life.

Jeannie-JB said...

I'm at the Beach right now and I love love love your sign! Found you at The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday. Love your ETSY shop too!

Gillemem said...

Thanks for the great tutorial. Love this project and the way each board is a different color. Great job! Saw you featured at My Repurposed Life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...