Thursday, June 14, 2012

Flip Flop Welcome Sign

Even though my kids still have two weeks left of school, summer is pretty much here. So, I thought a summer door sign was a perfect project for the week.
I was originally going to cut some sandals out of wood, but then I came up with a solution that was so much easier!
I used some old flip flops that no longer fit one of my boys (you can also buy new sandals for really cheap).
I cut out the straps and spray painted them orange
and applied my different colors of vinyl
I drilled some holes in both the sandals and a white board. Then, I used raffia to attach the sandals.  I also glued them together at the bottom.
Finally, I added the "welcome", small flowers, and raffia to hang the board.
So fun and colorful and easy! Plus, I already had everything on hand so this project was free!
Come back on Friday to get the free digital files to make your own.

Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Bacon Time, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

37 comments:

Sherry@ Ties2ThePast said...

Gosh!
So C.U.T.E.!!!!!
♥'S
sHERRY

Holly @ abakershouse.com said...

Looks great! Happy Summer!

Allyson Butler said...

This looks so great!

Hani@Craftionary said...

Such a cute welcome sign. :)Thanks for linking up at friday fun party. Have a great weekend!

Aimee - ItsOverflowing.com said...

Darling! This is so GREAT! Crossing my fingers you'll share at my party! Saturdays at Seven! http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2012/06/overflowing-with-creativity-616.html XO, Aimee

Patti said...

What a fun idea! That's really adorable.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Super cute and so much fun!! Love the bright colors :)
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original Round Up party is open.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a fun and creative sign! I really love it!

Iz Originals said...

Adorable! You'd probably love my giveaway I've got on my blog - it's a craft driftwood project. Check it out at www.izoriginals.blogspot.com! thanks!

Malory {Snips & Spice} said...

This is too cute! Very creative! I love the bright colors you chose. I would love for you to link this to my Sunday Slice party.

Malory
http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunday-slice-its-party-1.html

Alicia @ littlesprinklesoffun said...

I LOVE this!!! My kindergarten room is a tropical theme..I might just make a cute sign like this for my door this next year! Thanks for sharing! :)

Marcie said...

These flip flops are so cute and creative! I would love for you to share on my linky party!
http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
Thanks,
Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

Connie said...

Love this post, please link it up with me Wednesday on Wow Us Wednesday.

allisamazing said...

So cute and fun!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Seriously so cute!

Six Sisters said...

This is soooo cute for summer! We love it. We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

shopannies said...

how very cute love the summer time look of it all come see me over at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Sarah Larsen said...

Adorable!

I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday Link Party. Make sure you enter for the great giveaway too! :) http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/06/flaunt-it-friday-2.html

Sarah@
www.blissfulbucketlist.com

Tim, Allyson, and kids said...

So cute! I love how you reused outgrown flip flops.

We'd love for you to link up to our Finished Friday blog party.

Crafty Mischief said...

How fun! It's perfect for summer! And I love the flip flop makeover! :)

Anonymous said...

order xanax xanax + 1 mg per day - cheap xanax sale

Anonymous said...

buy valium online no prescription cheap valium dosage peds - cheap online valium no prescription

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg buy valium online australia no prescription - valium diazepam 5mg side effects

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.chargersjerseys2012.com]Chargers jerseys [/url] [url=http://www.chargersjerseys2012.com]San Diego Chargers jerseys[/url] San Diego Chargers jerseys http://www.chargersjerseys2012.com

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online overnight buy xanax online cheap mastercard - buy alprazolam online forum

Anonymous said...

purchase ativan ativan beer - ativan dosage for kids

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam where to buy diazepam online in usa - diazepam dosage and effects

Anonymous said...

ambien sleep medication ambien sleepwalking and eating - can buy ambien online

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale ativan dosage vs valium - uses for ativan in children

Anonymous said...

side effects of zolpidem zolpidem price costco - side effects of zolpidem tart cr 12.5 mg

Anonymous said...

diazepam online withdrawal symptoms from diazepam - valium diazepam injection

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam urinalysis - diazepam valium pics

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online ativan quit smoking - ativan for seizures

Anonymous said...

diazepam 5mg what is diazepam for dogs - diazepam 2mg sale usa

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale ativan withdrawal .5 mg - ativan early pregnancy

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online pictures generic 2mg xanax - xanax withdrawal .5

Anonymous said...

lethal dose of diazepam can buy diazepam india - diazepam dosage pediatric

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...