Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easy Patriotic Blocks

The 4th of July is going to be here before we know it, so I thought I'd better switch out of summer decorating and focus a bit on some patriotic decor. This project is super easy and if you have a little bit of scrap wood, can be made for next to nothing.
Start by cutting a 2 x 4 into 4 pieces. You'll need a 2", 3", 4" and 5".
Paint the 4" and 5" white, the 3" red, and the 2" blue.
Apply the first layer of vinyl
and then add the second layer of vinyl
Wrap with a patriotic colored bow and you've got a super cute, super easy 4th of July decoration.
Don't you love our patriotic colors? They are so crisp and clean and look so good together.
Come back on Friday to get the free digital files to create your own.


Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday Taylor House Thursday, A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Friday Fun Party, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

20 comments:

Jeanette said...

Those are adorable. Love the ribbon around them and thanks for sharing the dimensions. I've been wanting to make some patriotic blocks for a long time and this will help me get started.

I pinned it!

Printabelle said...

These blocks turned out perfect! So pretty! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=5272 Thanks!

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Look great!!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

These turned out great as always. I hope you will link these up to my Patriotic Project Parade!

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

Sarah Larsen said...

Very pretty!!

I would love for you to link this to my Flaunt It Friday link party at Blissful Bucket List. We also have a great giveaway this week! http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/06/flaunt-it-friday-2.html

Sarah@
www.blissfulbucketlist.com

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

Love this! We would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party going on now! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/06/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_21.html

Jill said...

That is absolutely adorable! I love the vinyl! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

TidyMom said...

I LOVE how cute and festive these are!

Thanks for linking up! I featured your post in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/patriotic-crafts/
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Lori Stokes Wright said...

Looks great! I found you at Weekend Wander

Printabelle said...

Beautiful! I wanted to let you know that you were featured on my Best 4th of July ideas post at:http://printabelle.com/?p=5299
If you would like a featured button, I have them here: http://printabelle.com/?page_id=724 Thanks!

Valerie@Occasionally Crafty said...

Really cute! Thanks for showing the how-to!

Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

CSI girl said...

Very cute! Love the vinyl and I am going to check your Etsy shop. I would love it if you would link up to The CSI Project this week on Wednesday. The challenge is wood this week.
I am going to feature these on my FB page. Perfect for the 4th next week!!!
Come on by!
www.thecsiproject.com

Sara said...

SO adorable!! I love block sets. Hope you can link this up at my trendy tuesday party!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

Six Sisters said...

LOVE this! It is SO cute! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Cute and simple--Thanks for linking up.

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust said...

What a fun & whimsical patriotic decoration. Thank you for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust.

Warmly, Michelle

Stephanie @ Toastie Studio said...

Thanks for linking up to my party! I wanted to let you know I picked your link to feature this week! See my post and grab my feature button here http://toastiestudio.blogspot.nl/2012/06/made-monday-26-picks.html

Shari @For the Little Doll In Your Life said...

I've never even heard of a vinyl cutter! Is it something you can do with your digital die cutting machine (which I also don't have)? This is a cute project. I can't paint worth a darn, so vinyl stickers would definitely be the way to go for me. LOL

Art and Sand said...

LIke the person who commented before me, I don't know what a vinyl cutter is, but I think I need one. Your ideas are so cute.

lugarandcompany said...

This is soooo attractive, smart and stylish for decorating! Thanks of sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...