Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Funky Heart Door Hanger

My husband bought me a jigsaw for Christmas and I thought it was well past time to put it to use. Since Valentine's is right around the corner (and I can't find some of my Valentine's decor), I thought it would be fun to try making a heart door hanger.
 I cut and sanded two sides of a funky heart shape..
I painted one side red and the other white.
I created this heart background, cut it out of vinyl and applied it to the wood. With the transfer tape still on, I used a sharp craft knife and trimmed around the wood.
Then, I removed the transfer tape and glued the two pieces together.
I drilled two holes, added some curly wire and a raffia bow.
I already had everything I needed on hand.
So, this project was free. I {heart} free!

Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Bacon Time, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

40 comments:

Molly said...

Oh Wow! I'm so jealous of your jig saw, I want one :) This heart is a great project, I'd love for you to come link it up to the Valentines linky party on my blog right now...
http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com/
Hope to see you there!!

Debbie @PinkTexasChick said...

That turned out great!

Dollie @ Dollie Creates said...

These are super cute! A tad bit jealous that you actually cut them yourself, I'm too nervous to use power tools :)

Stephanie @ Toastie Studio said...

Wow... this is just amazing!!! It looks amazing quality!!
Feel free to link up on my blogs linky party!
http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/search/label/made%20monday

Linda said...

I really like your scroll saw cut heart (so unique!)and hope you will link it up to my Show It Off Thursdays party at:

http://ornamentplace.com/?p=1875

Thanks, Linda

the cape on the corner said...

NEAT! i love how fun and funky and whimsical it is. congrats on your first official project with your new toy!

Vicky said...

That came out great! Love the contrasting colors. I have pinned this. Visiting from Fireflies and Jellybeans. Vicky from Mess For Less

Gramma G said...

I love this project. It's so cute. I have a scroll saw, too, and I love it. You can do so much with it. I featured this project on my Friday Firends on my blog at http://bygeorgeyouvegotit.blogspot.com. Come check it out. Thank you for being willing to share with us all you great ideas. Keep us the good work.

Full Circle Creations said...

Just darling! Great job!

Holly

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Ok, this is amazing! I hope you will link this project up to my I Heart Projects Linky Party.
http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

G Inspires said...

I LOVE this.....the vynil hearts are fabulous! Thanks for sharing, visiting via Get Your Brag On

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love this unique heart shape--fun. Thanks for linking up at Beyond the Picket Fence.

Gen said...

Love the heart shape! So fun, now that's my kind of project!

Just Jaime said...

This is such a fun idea! Great job cutting!

{Adventuresindinner} said...

Love this graphic 'wreath', adorable!

I would love if you shared the project tomorrow at my "Beat the Winter Blues" party. Hope to see you then.

Linh C. said...

That's a great shape! You might have to cut out a few more and sell them. :)

Tenille said...

This turned out so cute. I love everything about it. The two tones, the vinyl. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now.

http://www.junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2012/01/link-it-up-wednesday-14.html

Amy said...

oh. my. gosh! I LOVE this! I love the funky heart shape, the colors...just everything! And I can't believe you cut it out yourself too...I'm so impressed. I really need something like this for my door! Thanks SO much for the idea. Would you consider sharing it here, pretty please?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-13-and-some-fabulous.html

Caroline Musacchia said...

Thanks for sharing! This is adorable!!!

Michelle@Crazy For Crafts said...

This looks great! I'm jealous of your jigsaw! Thanks for sharing this!

Michelle @ Crazy for Crafts
http://crazyiniowa.blogspot.com/

~Beth D. said...

beautiful! I would buy that, just so you know!

Alayna's Creations said...

so cute! I love the shape of the heart and the patterns made with the vinyl.

Kristi said...

Oh, this is darling!! Love the funkiness and fabulousness of it!! Would be delighted for you to share this at Mop it Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

{HUGS},
kristi
(your newest follower)

Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com said...

Love this! We are hosting our first Kitchen Fun and Crafty link party this Friday (the 10th) and would love for you to share this! Feel free to stop by and grab a party button! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/

Jana said...

I absolutely love this!! Thanks for linking up at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

Molly said...

Hey! Thanks for linking up to my Countdown to Valentines party, I've featured these today as one of my favorites! You can check out the post here...
http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentine-countdown-party-first-week.html
Remember to grab your "I've been Featured" button as well :)

Rachel said...

So cute!!! I love it, such a cute design. I'd love for you to link it up to my VERY FIRST link party.
Rachel
http://adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-tuesdays-link-party.html

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You cannot beat the price - plus it turned out super super cute! Way to go!

Katie said...

Love your funky heart! Best part is that you made it yourself!!! :)

Richard Healey said...

Those hearts are cute. Found you through the linky parties.

http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
Make sure you stop by and put your guess in my quilt givaway by guessing my babys B-day or Birth Weight.

Kaysi said...

that looks great!!!

Six Sisters said...

This is so cute!! I love it! We would love you to come share this at our weekly link party every Saturday! -The Sisters

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com

SWEET YARNS said...

Lovely..

SWEET YARNS said...

Lovely..

Melanie said...

This is so super cute and creative! Thanks for linking it up on Tuesday Time Out. Can you email me at azparis@me.com regarding next week and co-hosting!?!?

Smiles,
Melanie :)

Sue said...

Creative Valentine's door decoration! Thanks! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

The Shady Porch said...

Just my kind of project! I love whimsy! It turned out super cute! I'd love to have you share your project(s) at my party...going on now!

Six Sisters said...

I really like this. Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope to see you back next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

Lindsi B said...

I love this! So cute! I saw this on Skip to My Lou I would love it if you would share this with our readers too for Fun Stuff Fridays! http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays_10.html

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love creating with wood! This is right up my alley! I love the design you did! I featured your heart on this week's Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!
http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-50.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...