Friday, December 16, 2011

Snowman Soup Gift Idea (with Printable)

I've seen this snowman soup idea all over and thought it would be a great neighbor gift this year. There are already so many different variations, but I had these mugs left over from another project and figured I could turn them into cute snowmen mugs.
I cut out the eyes, nose, and mouth in vinyl and applied them to the mug.
I thought this snowman would look extra cute with a hat. So, I cut a doughnut shape and rectangle out of craft foam. The diameter of the circle should be about 2" larger than the top of the mug and the center should be about 1" smaller. The rectangle is about 2" tall and long enough to go around the inside of the circle, plus an inch. Then, I just glued the two ends of the rectangle together and glued that on top of the doughnut.
I wrapped some small marshmallows, a couple packages of hot chocolate, and some peppermint kisses in a cello bag. I tied it with some white ribbon and tied on the candy canes and Snowman Soup poem.
There is no top on the hat, so the bag can poke out.
Isn't he cute?
That's one down, only 17 to go!
 Here is the printable. To print, first click to enlarge, then right click to save to your computer.
Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Bacon Time, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

30 comments:

Aimee said...

Cute mug!

Daneilia @ Anchors Away said...

This is a really cute idea! Very nifty gift to give out ;)

Coley said...

I make snowman soup each year but I'm loving your presentation. The mugs are too cute!

Margo said...

This little guy is just adorable!

Sassy Sites! said...

CUTE!! I would love for you to come by Sassy Sites and link this up at our Snowman party! :)

XOXO!
Marni

Tybee Dreaming said...

So cute. You come up with the best ideas.

Toodie said...

I've done the snowman soup before, but never in a cup like that. So darn cute!!!!!

odetoinspiration said...

Adorable idea!!

Amy said...

That's so cute! I've seen this idea other places too, but your packaging in that cute snowman mug takes the cake! He's just aDORable...well done! Would you share here?

http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/shine-on-fridays-6-and-some-fabulous.html

Indio said...

I love it, and I bet your neighbors will too. They are going to be talking about your gift for months to come.

shopannies said...

he is so super cute love it have seen snowman poop but you went up and beyone and I think all will love this come see this at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

So cute and clever! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2011/12/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-5.html

tanmanspamfan said...

I am loving that mug! I'm new to blogging, but I see that many of you bloggers are super good at taking pictures as well. Kudos!

Inspire Me Heather said...

Super cute and a wonderful gift!!

Amanda said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I have featured your project on Fun Family Crafts! You can see it here
http://funfamilycrafts.com/snowman-soup/

If you have other kid friendly crafts, I'd love it if you would submit them :) If you would like to display a featured button on your site, you can grab one from the right side bar of your post above.

Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy said...

This is adorable! I'm a new follower!

mypollitos said...

Super cute idea! Thanks for sharing.

Chrissy said...

This is so cute!! I love the idea!! I'm a new follower, loving your blog!

Mindie Hilton said...

What a great gift. I would love for you to share at my weekly linky, fri-monday Anything goes @ Bacon time.
http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

AAAAh! He is so cute! I want to be your neighbor!!

Heather Perkins said...

This is too adorable! What a fun little gift. I featured this at So Very Creative today!

Designs By Pinky said...

ADORABLE!!!! Love this! XO, Pinky

marissa said...

he is adorable! I'd love to be your neighbor I'd love it if you'd add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

Cinthya said...

Oh, my goodness. This is so cute.

Buttercup Bliss said...

What a cute, creative idea! I am sure your neighbors loved them!!

mish said...

Angie,
I love this! Especially the snowman face on the clear glass mug!
I would love to include your creation on my 1 year blog-anniversary at the end of Jan.
I am a MOM, papercrafter, crafty person and lover of snowmen, which is the theme!
Would you join me?
Michelle
ScrapbookingSOS.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

These are cute! I saw your pin on pintrest.com. I just wanted to ask what type of mugs you used or where I can find them. Also where I can find the vinyl. Thank you and look forward to making these soon.

Darlene said...

I can't wait to make this! I made snowman kits this year so next year they will get these, I love snowmen! Would love for you to check out my blog! angelpatch.blogspot.com

]auto tools said...

The exact same tale listed here, Retain using to your car or autoboss pc max wireless truck periodically. When anything comes about you could possibly respond swiftly. That can direct a great deal of conserving on car service.

Chinese Clothing said...

This empire is global in scope, with direct ownership of specific islands here and there; military bases or comparable arrangements established within independent nations as out there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...