Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Powdered Sugar Stenciled Cookies





This is such a fun and easy way to add a little cuteness to a plain chocolate cookie.

I started with a plain chocolate cookie. I used this recipe, but I shaped the balls to about 1.5". Be sure to make plenty of extras, you know, because you want to make sure they taste good might want some for practice. When I took them out of the oven, I used a spatula to flatten the top.
After the cookies had cooled,  I placed a stencil on top of the cookie. I made the stencil with my digital cutter.
I used a sifter to gently sprinkle a light layer of powdered sugar over the stencil.
Carefully, lift the stencil straight off the cookie.
I made a Christmas charger to put them on. 
 So cute and festive. Wouldn't this make a great gift?
A little note about the stencil...the thicker the material, the easier it is to pull off the cookie. My stencil was made from vinyl because I can usually get more detail with vinyl vs. cardstock, but cardstock would be easier to lift straight off the cookie.

Be sure to check out these great linky parties:
Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Nifty Thrifty Tues, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine, Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wedn, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday A Crafty Soiree, Almost Fri Flaunts, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' Up, Share Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Bacon Time, Delicate Construction, Fabulous Fri, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, Hodgepodge Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Show and Share Day, Scissors & Spatulas, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Check Me Out Sat, Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Summer Lovin' Sat SoireeSunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

Visit thecsiproject.com

42 comments:

Trish@MomOnTimeout said...

These are wonderful! What a great idea! Just pinned this! I'd love for you to share with my readers if you get a chance: http://www.momontimeout.com/2011/12/taking-timeout-thursday-no-7.html

Karyn said...

Very cute. I love this idea. I have a weekly recipe & craft linky & would love to have you link up your project!
http://cookingwithkaryn.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-makes-you-say-mmmmm-linky-creamy.html

P.s. my son's name is Burton. :)

Katie @ The Crafty Blog Stalker said...

These are so cute! I love this idea! I would love for you to share at my Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party. http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-stalking-thursday-18.html

Whitney Reed Cypert@Keeping Up with the Cyperts said...

Wow these are so cute!! Never would have thought of that...thanks for sharing!

Audrey @ DefrumpMe said...

GREAT idea! So pretty!

karah said...

Beautiful and edible. Two of my favorite things. :)
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

Janet said...

I love the little trees, they're so cute! Great idea to cut out a stencil for the trees. :)

Anna @ Blissful Whimsy said...

SO clever!

Polly @ Helping Little Hands said...

Wow! Great idea!

Megan said...

These are so pretty and look so much easier than icing. Is it really as easy as you make it look?!?!?!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

These are so so cool! Thanks for sharing! Visiting for DC

Kara
www.mineforthemaking.com

sue @ cakeballs, cookies and more said...

Love that, I have stencils, but have yet to use them, I could so do this!

Cinthya said...

Those look so pretty. I'm a new follower and would love it if you linked to http://www.eyeheart.ca/2011/12/last-weeks-linky-party-was-success-and.html

Good Girl Gone Green said...

That us one pretty cookie!!!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

I'm over visiting from the Lolly Jane's link party. Your Christmas Charger is beautiful!

~Kara (your newest google follower :)
www.petalstopicots.com

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor said...

So cute! I have a digital cutter, I think I'll try this!

Lori said...

Great idea! The cookies are gorgeous and so is your Charger. All matching. I found you at Weekend Wander.

folkhaven said...

What a whimsical Christmas tree design! I love how these cookies look, and I bet they taste great too! You can't go wrong with chocolate!

The Hills Family said...

That is such a good idea! I'm going to do that for my neighbor gifts! And thanks for sharing this on Strut your stuff with the Six Sisters! We hope to see you again next week!
Sincerely,
Kristen... one of the sisters! :)

c.w.frosting said...

Great idea with endless possibilities! They turned out beautifully!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Nann from At Nann's Table said...

This is just darling. I have to make a ton of cookies and needed a simple idea of decorating them and this definitely would fill the bill. However I have alot of gingerbread so will you that as that too is dark. THANKYOU for such a great idea. Found you on Amaze Me Monday Party Link. I'm going to become a follower.

Warm Regards,

Nann

PS I am a brand new blogger of a few weeks and find these blogging parties quite fun.

PSS Is your vinyl cutter something like a cricket? Can I just use an exacto type knife?

NYCLQ said...

LOVE it! Just pinned it! Great idea! Love the whimsical style of your stencil. Looks great & graphic against a dark cookie!!

xo Lynda

raising4princesses said...

this is so awesome. And I'm seriously impressed you made the stencil yourself! The picture with the powder falling is amazing. I noticed the first three comments were inviting you to their link parties..so I feel a little funny inviting you to mine, when you're obviously in high demand! But, just incase you're interested. http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/2011/12/t-time-48-and-link-party.html

kamikinard said...

So cute. Now I want a digital cutter...

TheCraftInMe said...

Too cute, great project! And what a fun stencil!

Janny said...

I've been seeing these around the past week, but I finally clicked over to see who was the brains behind this fantastic idea. This is awesome, just let me tell you, so simple and so easy. I love it.

Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z said...

I absolutelty love this idea. The cookies look amazing. I'm pinning this one.. I'm now following you and would love a follow back.

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Way cute-cheers

Elle and Lou said...

Love the curly tree design and of course it looks delish!

Johnnie said...

Far too cute to eat!

Printable Decor
Saved By Love Creations

Funkytime said...

love this!

South Bay Studio said...

These are so sweet! (no pun intended) :-) Kathi

ReMadeSimple Kristina said...

So pretty they look like they came from a bakery!

artclubblog said...

These cookies are so cool! I had to laugh when I saw the name of your blog because the stencil reminded me of Tim Burton's style, with the swirls on the ends. You've definitely inspired me. Thanks!

Just Jaime said...

What a great idea!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Oh my gosh! What a lovely idea ;)

Katie @ The Crafty Blog Stalker said...

Thank you for sharing with Blog Stalking Thursday! I have featured you with this week's party! Don't forget to grab a feature button! http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-stalking-thursday-19.html

SWEET YARNS said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jerri said...

These turned out really great!

I'd love for you to stop by today and link up at my Friday Favorites party! Today is a special Christmas edition with a giveaway!

Jaime said...

Featured you!

http://polkadotsonparade.blogspot.com/2011/12/foodie-friday_17.html

thompson said...

adorable!!! oh yum! Would love for you to come over to my tasty Tuesday party and link up! Link back to my blog so I can feature you!!! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/guest-post-adventured-in-dinner-and.html

Laura & Michael [beauty and the beard] said...

SO adorable! I just found your blog through a Little Tipsy- wish I'd found it earlier because these cookies would have been perfect for my holiday party. Absolutely love your blog- following now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...