Monday, December 12, 2011

Peppermint Candy Plate (with vinyl)

Turn a plain white plate into a cute peppermint candy plate, great for treats and gift giving. I used a plain white plate from the dollar store and cut out the design in red vinyl. I marked the center and applied the vinyl. Since the plate is curved, it took a little extra work to get the stripes to lay flat. I wrapped the stripes around the edge of the plate and then trimmed them with a sharp craft knife.
 Add some yummy peppermint candy, wrap with cellophane, and tie on both sides to create a cute candy gift plate.
Here is the template I used. Click to enlarge, then right click to save to your computer. Make the size about 1.5 inches larger than your plate.

7 comments:

Whitney Reed Cypert@Keeping Up with the Cyperts said...

This is cute! Very festive and perfect for the holidays!

Elle and Lou said...

Really eye catching -wonderful

Tenille said...

This is so cute. I love it. Perfect for neighbor gifts. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you could link this up to our linky party going on right now. http://junkintheirtrunk.blogspot.com/2011/12/link-it-up-wednesday-7.html

Valerie@Occasionally Crafty said...

This is adorable- I never would have thought of making one myself. Thanks for sharing your template!

I'll be featuring this tomorrow on my blog for Three Things Thursday- I hope you'll stop by and check it out!

Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Very striking--nice job!

Dana S. said...

I have a Silhouette and can never get vinyl centered like that! Great job!

Blessings--
Dana

Kalpesh said...

This post is wonderful as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed. I am thankful to get your post when i was searching favors

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...