Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Frosted Glass Halloween Candle Holders

I was at Dollar Tree a few weeks ago and picked up a couple glass candle holders. For only $1, I couldn't pass them up. I made these for Halloween.
My kids think they are pretty cool (I kind-of think so, too).
They were quick and easy to make. I found the images online and cut them out with my vinyl cutter (you could do the same thing with contact paper and a craft knife). I put the vinyl on the glass, sprayed them with Valspar Frosting Spray, and carefully removed the vinyl after they had dried.
Here is what they look like without a candle.
I actually had the paint already so they only cost me a buck each. They would also be super cute filled with goodies and wrapped in cellophane.


Linking to these great parties:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsThe Shabby NestUndertheTableandDreamingPhotobucket


Monday Amaze Me Mon, Craftastic Mon, Craft-O-Manic Mon, Homemaker Mon, Inspire Me Mon, Link Party Mon, Mad Skills, Mad Skills Mon, Made By You Mon, Made With Love Mon, Make Something Mon, Making Mon Marvelous, Making the World Cuter, Market Yourself Mon, Marvelous Mess Mon, Masterpiece Mon, Metamorphosis Mon, Motivate Me Mon, Blog Party, Project Parade, Share Mon, Thrifty D├ęcor Chick, Unwasted Homemaking, Craft Catwalk, Craftaholics Anonyomous Tuesday All Thingz Related, Anti Procrastination Tues, Get Your Craft On, Handmade Tues, Home Stories A to Z, It's Sew Fun, maze Me August, Power Of Paint, Show Me What You Got, Sizzle into Summer, Take A Look Tues, Teriffic Under Ten Tues, Time To Shine,Tip Me Tuesday, Too Cute Tues, Tues Time Out, Tuesday Trash 2 Treasure, Tuesday's Treasures, Tutorial Tuesday, Who's Got Glam? Wednesday Anything Goes, DIY Under $5, Hoo's Got Talent?, Idea Sharing Wed, Linkin' with Luna, Look What I Made, Penny Pinching Party, Primp Your Stuff Wed, Show And Share, Show And Tell, We Did It Wed, What I Made Wed, What I Whipped Up Wed, What’s Up Wed, Whatever Goes Wed, Wicked Awesome Wed, Wow Me Wed, Wow Me Wed, Thursday A Crafty Soiree, Creative Juice, Catch A Glimpse Thur, Commercial Break Thursday, Get Your Brag On, Hookin' UpShare Awesomness Thur, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff ThurCatch as Catch Can, Transformation Thur, Under $100 Linky Party, Friday Delicate Construction, Fantabulous Fri, Feature Your Sassy Sites, Feature Yourself  Fri, Flaunt It FriFree For All Fri, Fri Favorites, Fri Link Party, Frugal Fri, Frugalicious Fri, I'm Lovin' It Fri, Inspiration Fri, Lovely Crafty Weekend, Remodelaholic Fri, Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up, Whatcha Got Weekend, Saturday Sat is Crafty Day, Sat Nite Special, Sat Spotlight, Show & Tell Sat, Strut Your Stuff, Summer Lovin' Sat Soiree, Sunday Just Something I Whipped Up, Nifty Thrifty SunSister Sister Sun, Sun Showcase, Sun Scoop, Think Pink Sun, You're So Creative

25 comments:

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

I really LOVE that spider web one. The frosty glass is a spooky touch.

Thanks for linking to the epic Halloween party, Angie!

Q @ JAQS said...

Love the look of that!

I'll like to invite you to share this at my FIRST EVER linky party :) @ http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2011/10/jaqs-studio-first-ever-linky-party.html

-Q

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

These are definitely cool! Great work! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

Jamie said...

Oh, how I WISH I had a vinyl cutter!
I love how they turned out.

Brent and Shalamar said...

These are so cute! I love projects where you can get some of the supplies at the Dollar Store.

Amanda K @ Every Creative Endeavor said...

I love your haunted house! It turned out great!

Mandi@MandiBeingCrafty said...

How fun! I love these!

Katie said...

These are awesome. I love frosting glasses and vases!

Okio B Designs said...

Wow! I can't believe you made them! They are perfect for Halloween! Coming over from Transformation Thursday and your newest follower!

Jeanine

Courtney McAulay said...

This is just awesome! I love it! I would love if you would come share this at the Crazy Cute Link Party @ Between U & Me! :D

http://www.betweenuandme.com/2011/10/crazy-cute-link-party-22.html

Katie @ The Crafty Blog Stalker said...

I love these Frosted Glasses Candle Holders. So fun and even a littel sppoky!

I would love for you to come share your idea at Blog Stalking Thursday Linky Party.http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-stalking-thursday-10.html

Alicia said...

A great idea and easy to do!!!

Ruth said...

i love them. What a great idea. Great job!

Ruth

Kelly Marie said...

These are great!

Maria-Isabel @ Agape Love Designs said...

how clever are these! Love the look of frosted glass with the halloween designs! So fun! I will have to try this. :)

Had to pin these to my crafts to try board! :)

Evelyn Mayfield said...

I couldn't find your email or contact addy, Angie, so I'm trying to let you know this way that I blogged about your Frosted Glass project tonight, here...
http://prayersncrafts.blogspot.com/2011/10/handmade-christmas-gift-ideas-frosted.html

It's part of my ongoing series of handmade Christmas projects, which runs from 9/21 until Christmas.

I hope you don't mind...

Sally said...

I love Halloween and I love candles. These are so cute! I think I've been inspired, Thanks

Marie said...

Super cute! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Love them! I'm visiting from Tip Junkie ;)

Jen said...

I just saw these on Tip Junkie. Cute idea! I have a couple of small glass votives left over from another project - think I'll give them each a tiny spiderweb! :)

Zenifer Dsouza said...

Nice one.
Keep going.

Char @ DivaEntertains said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know we featured this tutorial on Diva Entertains today! THANKS!!

http://blog.divaentertains.com/2011/10/last-minute-halloween-printables-halloween-decor-and-more/

Party chime candles said...

Fantastic candle holders.
I love them.
It will definitely increase the home decor.

Cheapwowgold said...

These guys are experts when it comes to agriculture in the WOW Goldto sell to other players of different amounts of money. Therefore, if you want some World Of Warcraft Gold, you know, who you turn to gold producersIt is well known that Tera Gold credits by obtaining the services of the team .

Anonymous said...

I would like to more know about it. asthma Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...