Saturday, September 17, 2011

Shabby Flower Shirt Tutorial

For picture day I had picked out some really cute outfits for my 3 girls to wear, except that my youngest daughter wore it before picture day and got a big stain on the shirt. I had some shabby chiffon flowers and a white shirt so I decided I would make her a new shirt to wear.


I started by cutting off the netting from the back of the flowers

Next I laid out the flowers on the shirt in the design that I wanted. With a needle and thread I did a quick stitch to keep them in place. To keep them secured on the shirt I found the center of the flower and sewed a few stitches.

Then I found a couple of openings in the flowers and sewed a few stitches through each of those openings.

Here is the finished shirt, which my daughter loved. I will be making two more for my other girls.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a cute update on the t-shirt! What lucky girls you have!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

I love this idea! New follower- hope you'll stop by and follow back!

Melanie
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

lace wedding dress said...

An offbeat from tradition and formality. Short vintage wedding dress are relatively less considered compared with common cascading ones. Yet there’s always a need to break away from the norm for a little while. Amber’s mermaid wedding dresses favor you an untilled land to show off your talent and philosophy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...