Monday, September 26, 2011

Cardboard Box Pumpkins

I was cleaning my kitchen and had handfuls of boxes to put in the recycling when I decided that they would make the perfect little pumpkins. I picked two boxes of Jell-O and a box of Rice-A-Roni to transform into these cute little pumpkins.

I started by filling them with beans and then wrapping them in craft paper.

Next I painted the boxes orange and also cut up a cereal box and painted it brown for the stem and green for the leaves. I cut strips from the brown and curled them on a pencil to make the stem. I found a template for a pumpkin leaf. I folded the leaves to give them a more realistic look.

I painted some stripes on the pumpkins. After that dried I hot glued the stem and leaves on the pumpkins and was finished. All of the supplies were stuff that I had around the house, so these little guys cost me nothing!!!

Thanks for stopping by.


lindsay said...

These are so cute!

Amy said...

Genius! We have plenty of those little guy loooves Jell-o! What a great way to reuse! Would you link these at my pumpkin party?

Simply Sammie said...

Brilliant! I have to pin this to do later!

Lisa said...

These are so stinkin' cute. Love them and may have to give this a try.

Lisa Scrappingpinklady

JDaniel4's Mom said...

This looks like a wonderful holiday project.

I would love for you to link this to my Halloween Traditions Link Up!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...